July 9, 2008

happy back tabbouleh

So Easy! You Can Make it When You Have No Time and a Terrible Crick in Your Back!


Yep, this was soo easy and delicious. I've never made it before. Better yet, I now have an item to add to my rather short list of side dishes acceptable to share with vegetarians and vegans. Hurrah! My horizons are expanding.

This recipe is compliments of my lovely mother-in-law and the box of bulgar in her cabinet!


Bad Back Tabbouleh

1 C bulgar
1 1/2 C boiling water
1 1/2 t sea salt (though would regular salt make a distinct difference? Not likely.)
3-4 T lemon juice
1/4 C olive oil
dash of garlic powder
3 C parsley, chopped finely
1/2 C green onions, chopped

Step 1: Put bulgar in a medium sized bowl and pour the boiling water over it. Let grains steep for 30 minutes.

Step 2: Mix everything else into the bulghar mixture. Refrigerate.


Or, you could just begin eating it out of the bowl, as I did.

Enjoy! The green onions really add a nice tang to this. It was more earthy and sweeter than what I've usually had in restaurants, with less parsley. You can of course adjust for your tastes, but I love it as is.

Post-script: I should probably call this Reverse Tabbouleh or perhaps Bulgar with Parsley, because in verifying (on the internets) that I wasn't calling Tabbouleh by the wrong name, I noted that this is by no means the proper way to make the salad. Nevertheless, I like bulgar more than parsley, so PBLTt!

1 comment:

  1. AnonymousJuly 12, 2008

    The name of this dish is just perfect, love it!

    ReplyDelete